OPUS CAM 2,5D Milling/Drilling - operation strategies for all applications
The OPUS Milling module contains all functionalities for contour-true surface milling with island detection for any number of contour elements. The entire milling cutter path calculation works automatically.
In addition, both individual cutter movements and surfaces specified in the polygon can be machined.
When drilling, the positioning paths can be optimized across cycles and sides.
As with all OPUS modules, you also work with the Milling module with an interactive display.
2,5D Milling and Drilling
Overview of the main features:
- Various 2 and 2.5 D milling strategies for machining pockets, surfaces, edges
- Powerful 3D milling for machining free-form geometries (roughing, finishing)
- Controller-independent generation of NC blocks
- Raw part mass and clamping environments can be taken into account in the calculation
- Multiple clamping
- Process control with raw part update
- Drilling operations with support of drilling sequences
- Bore detection
- Feature technology
- Path and time optimization (tool and side change)
- Support of own cycles
- Predefined control cycles for drilling and milling, with display and simulation
- Trochoidal milling
- Rest material roughing
- Consideration of raw materials
- Consideration of undercuts
- Various finishing algorithms:
- Finishing parallel paths with adjustable angles
- Finishing Z planes
- Finishing with constant peak-to-valley height
- Smoothing over projections
- Finishing of flat areas
- Finishing via projection contours
- Corner processing
- Residual Finishing